:: Re: [DNG] Expansion of the developm…
Author: Clarke Sideroad
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Expansion of the development team
On 05/11/17 02:22 PM, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2017-11-05 12:57, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
>> On 05-11-17 19:44, golinux@??? wrote:
>>>
>>> The group decided, from the options suggested, that they will be
>>> collectively referred to as the 'Caretakers'.  Their
>>> responsibilities include attending to maintenance of the
>>> infrastructure and facilitating and improving the availability of
>>> Devuan to its users.
>>
>> Caretakers? Well it is better than undertakers i guess.
>>
>> Grtz
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Well, they are nurturing and caring for the project so how is it not
> appropriate?  Better than a bureaucratic acronym that could imply
> top-down management imo.
>
> golinux

Sounds like a healthy expansion to me, congratulations in arriving at it.

Caretaker leaves an impression in my head of everything from a god like
science fiction entity to a custodian/janitor.
So plenty of scope. (-;

I'm not sure of the actual structural form envisioned for Devuan.
There has to be some vertical structure and a group of 'n' at the top,
it is IMHO unavoidable.

I think pure top down works the best for creating user dependence, the
benefits can be better controlled to trickle down to the shareholders
and the improvement flow controlled to the users.   It is a well proven
model for commercial operating systems and one that GNU/Linux tends, by
its very nature, to throw a wrench into.

Clarke Sideroad