:: Re: [DNG] Fresh install of Ascii (w…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fresh install of Ascii (was Re: Redhat CEO answers questions)
On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 05:06:58PM +0200, Lars Noodén wrote:
> On 11/01/2017 05:04 PM, Juergen Moebius wrote:
> > it is possible to install a fresh "full" copy of ascii, not an update?
> > I neverless updated my systems, sorry. A new installation is allways
> > the better way for my.
>
> Not yet. rsyslog is still missing. So that has to be carried forward
> from Jessie.

Not true. The new version of rsyslog has been available in the repos
since a few weeks ago (8.24.0-1+devuan2.0), but atm we don't have an
easy way to install ascii from scratch, because we don't have an ascii
installer ready as yet.

It is nevertheless possible to install ascii from scratch using the
jessie netinst image in expert mode, and fiddling with the repos on
/target before the actual installation starts, but it's not
recommended, and it will not be useful at all, since there will be an
ascii installer in place for that.

Trying all the possible upgrade paths would be very useful, instead.

HND

KatolaZ