:: Re: [DNG] Chris Lamb = Good Maintai…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Chris Lamb = Good Maintainer (Was: Debian testing drop redis)

thanks Patrick,

your reports have been most precious to this thread IMHO

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Patrick Meade wrote:

> On 10/26/2017 09:36 AM, John Hughes wrote:
> > Frankly it seems that some people have been rather fast to assume bad
> > faith and very few people who commented either knew what they were
> > talking about or made the slightest effort to actually understand what
> > Chris Lamb had done.
>
> I opened a pull request with Chris Lamb to discuss reverting his changes to
> the sysvinit scripts in redis-server and redis-sentinel.
>
> We agreed that the functionality is obscure, affected users may be very hard
> to find, and any users who are affected can be helped with a reasonable
> amount of effort.

my training in hermeneutics and epistemology rings a bell about this
being the wrong general attitude about changes and regressions, but
for now I just rest on the fact redis "just works" in Devuan ASCII
(using sysvinit) and that, as I stated at the beginning, this should
be an issue addressed by upstream rather than us. Upstream has been
warned. Lets all keep our eyes peeled for this and other packages.

ciao