:: Re: [DNG] Error after upgrade debia…
Author: Thomas Besser
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Error after upgrade debian wheezy to devuan jessie...
Am 25.10.2017 um 13:19 schrieb Thomas Besser:
> Am 25.10.2017 um 12:41 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:
>> The trigger definition for libc-bin is in
>>
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/libc-bin.triggers
>>
>> On my machine it says
>>
>> $ cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/libc-bin.triggers
>> interest ldconfig

The same here on my machines.

>> I am not sure what exactly this does, but I *guess* it triggers updating
>> of /etc/ld.so.cache by running the ldconfig command in some way.
>>
>> IIRC, the error you posted earlier looked a lot like it came from a
>> piece of Perl code but I have no idea where it would come from. My
>> /sbin/ldconfig is a shell script wrapper that handles triggers via
>> dpkg-trigger, an ELF binary, and passes the buck to /sbin/ldconfig.real,
>> also an ELF binary. Both are unlikely to be directly responsible for
>> the error message you posted.

The same here.

> I have created a base image of debian wheezy earlier. I will do an
> upgrade there now and see if I can reproduce this error there too.

Upgrade of package "tzdata" today. Here the result:

* The 3 productive machines got the same error as before.

On the upgraded (debian wheezy -> devuan jessie) vm with only basic
packages I could not reproduce this error.

Conclusion: it has something to do with a package, which is installed in
the 3 machines and not on the basic one.

I will try to diff the installed packages lists...

Regards
Thomas

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
archIT [IT-Management der Fakultät Architektur]

KIT - Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft