:: Re: [devuan-dev] Current progress o…
Author: Svante Signell
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Current progress on udev/eudev
On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 08:38 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 20:33 +0200, Ivan J. wrote:
> > Let's split this into a separate thread.
> >
> > Today I pushed Svante's patch to make it libeudev. We have two options
> > at this moment:
> >
> > 1) Use Svante's patched version and create a dummu udev transitional
> >    package, which would pull in eudev and libeudev.
>
> As I wrote on IRC, I don't know yet if a dummy udev package is needed. I'm
> currently setting up piuparts and reprepro to test the upgrade from jessie to
> ascii.
>
> However, if you build 3.2.2-devuan2.5 I can test that via experimental (it
> seems like 220:3.2.2-devuan2.4 was never built?)

After several hours of hacking (including the Debian piuparts python script)
I've finally upgraded from Devuan Jessie to Devuan ascii with eudev 3.2.2-
devuan2.5 on an amd64 image. It worked :) No need for any udev dummy packages
depending on eudev. And no epoch!

Tools used: piuparts, reprepro, webfs, pbuilder