:: Re: [devuan-dev] Current progress o…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Svante Signell
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Current progress on udev/eudev
On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 20:33 +0200, Ivan J. wrote:
> Let's split this into a separate thread.
>
> Today I pushed Svante's patch to make it libeudev. We have two options
> at this moment:
>
> 1) Use Svante's patched version and create a dummu udev transitional
>    package, which would pull in eudev and libeudev.

As I wrote on IRC, I don't know yet if a dummy udev package is needed. I'm
currently setting up piuparts and reprepro to test the upgrade from jessie to
ascii.

However, if you build 3.2.2-devuan2.5 I can test that via experimental (it seems
like 220:3.2.2-devuan2.4 was never built?)

> 2) Use Arno's version with an epoch of 1: and try that out.
>
> Will 2) also require a dummy transitional package?

Arno's version of eudev is known to require a dummy udev package, see above.

> To completely test both options we will most probably be required to
> "break" ascii, and build this as an ascii package - in the main repo.
>
> Can we reach consensus on what to do at this point and how to proceed?
>
> Let me know your thoughts :)

Another issue: deb-src http://packages.devuan.org/devuan experimental does not
contain any sources. The same is true for ascii-proposed at least. This is a bug
since a long time now.