:: Re: [DNG] UEFI and Secure Boot
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] UEFI and Secure Boot
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 15:42:00 -0400
John Franklin <franklin@???> wrote:

> > On Oct 23, 2017, at 2:37 PM, golinux@??? wrote:
> >
> > On 2017-10-23 09:41, Steve Litt wrote:
> >> To get Windows 10 certification, you have to have Secure Boot but
> >> there's no requirement for an off switch.
> >> SteveT
> >
> > If that is true, it sounds like a class action law suit to me.
> > Anyone want to take it on?
>
> Can you identify any vendors where you can’t install Linux? If you
> can’t, this just a bunch of FUD.

So you proclaim.

But in fact, given past behavior of Microsoft, Redhat, and the hardware
vendors, the mere possibility of this elevates it way above FUD, to a
serious concern.

And by the way, I had a Win8 box that wouldn't accept Linux, but
luckily it was for one of my kids who wanted Windows.

SteveT

Steve Litt
October 2017 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21