:: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis non…
Author: John Hughes
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis non systemd
Jaromil wrote:

> I would like to know here if anyone knows in detail the "reasons"
> Debian is removing the support for sysvinit scripts in the redis
> package.

Wouldn't it be more to the point to find out *if* Debian is removing the
support for sysvinit scripts in the redis package before trying to find
out why?

Because they aren't.

What they have done is what the changelog says:

>    * Drop*Debian-specific*  support for
>      /etc/redis/redis-{server,sentinel}.{pre,post}-{up,down}.d and remove them
>      if unchanged.

The Debian supplied init scripts (debian/redis-server.init and
debian/redis-sentinel.init) still exist, they just no longer include the
(Debian specific) calls to "Run_parts".

These init scripts do not exist in the upstream redis distribution.
They were added by Debian.

My appologies for posting to a list from which I have been banned, but I
thought it might be wise to have a little more light and a little less heat.