:: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis non systemd
On 2017-10-19 06:24, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 11:09:34 +0300, Aldemir wrote in message
> <CAJtV3cMXdhoO2oTLfB7UD_FpHbuEk7ZTvFhXy1fS_b_SX5pSEA@???>:
>

>> > No need to panic. The situation is under control. Noone will pull
>> > sysv init support from redis.
>> >
>> > HND
>> >
>> > KatolaZ
>> >

>> That's the spirit! Many many thanks!
>> --
>> aldemir
>
> ..maybe we should file a bug (fix) demonstrating this proper
> Devuan way to fix this and future such Debian/systemd bugs?

Choice is rapidly disappearing in the Debian camp. In addition to
Arnt's suggestion, this should be brought to light in the Debian user
community - FDN and debian-user for starts. It is yet another wake up
call for those who have been slow to grasp the gravity of the path that
Debian has chosen.

I no longer have a Debian user account but when I have the time and
mental clarity to find the right words (that won't be today), I will
post to FDN. That should produce some lively discussion!

golinux