:: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis…
Author: Alberto Zuin - Liste
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis non systemd
Redis, for sure, is one of the most used in memory datastore, a good
cache system like memcache but more flexible when you have to store real
data and a standard SQL database is not fast enough: one common example
of application, is to store the authentication tokens in a clustered web
server environment. Maybe it is one of the most powerful component used
in almost every online system.

In my company we have a cluster of 12 devuan nodes with redis managed by
sentinel: yes, it is used. And, as someone else said, no it is not a
system tool.

Also, just a curiosity: Redis project started by an Italian guy which is
also in the VUA group.

Alberto