:: [devuan-dev] eudev 1:3.2.2
Author: Arno Schuring
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] eudev 1:3.2.2
Hi all,

After way too much massaging to get pbuilder running, I can now confirm
I have a working build of eudev with an epoch of 1.

I can install this version without interference from the upstream
version. I have not seen any bugreports about what was wrong with the
old builds so I can't claim to have "fixed" anything, but this version
works for me:

$ apt-cache policy eudev libudev1
eudev:
  Installed: 1:3.2.2-devuan2.4
  Candidate: 1:3.2.2-devuan2.4
  Version table:
 *** 1:3.2.2-devuan2.4 500
        500 http://loos.site/pkgs/devuan experimental/main amd64
Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
libudev1:
  Installed: 1:3.2.2-devuan2.4
  Candidate: 1:3.2.2-devuan2.4
  Version table:
 *** 1:3.2.2-devuan2.4 500
        500 http://loos.site/pkgs/devuan experimental/main amd64
Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     232-25+deb9u1 990
        990 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64
Packages

I'm not sure what the next step in the process should be, so I'll leave
it here for now. My changes are here:
https://git.devuan.org/tremon/eudev/tree/devuan/experimental .

Personally, I'd have liked to also remove the build dependency on
gobject-introspection as I despise Gnome as much as systemd, but I'm
not sure if that will break anything. The build does succeed without
it, it only causes a configure warning but I'm not sure about runtime
errors.

Regards,
Tremon