:: Re: [devuan-dev] Governance documen…
Author: Chandler Wise
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Governance documents
At the moment, I would argue the IDEC (or whatever it will be named) to
just codify the procedures once gets the procedures (and name) sorted out.
At the very least a codification of procedures can act as an interim
document, in order to remove and potential confusion, issues, and to make
it less opaque.

For the eventual Constitution and final document, I would urge that this
not be completed in haste and that time is taken on such a document. While
I will note that such a discussion does not seem to be heading down that
avenue, at the same time I think it may be a useful reminder to have. So
for a final document perhaps a rather important question to ask, and answer
is how close do we want to be to Debian with a governance structure? While
this may have been repeated, and may seem silly, such a question can
ultimately depend on how it might be best to proceed, at least in my
opinion.