:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Taiidan@gmx.com
A: Adam Borowski, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On 09/19/2017 10:46 AM, Adam Borowski wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 08:38:24AM -0500, dev wrote:
>> Mozilla got a new bedmate named PulseAudio.
>>
>> Looks like another Smooth Move by Mozilla that will end up costing them
>> market share. I don't like Chrome, but basically forced to choose between
>> Pottering or Google at this point :/
> You mean, there'll be anything left of current 5% after FF57 hits?
>
> Too bad, Firefox is the only somewhat usable browser. With enough
> extensions (hello 57...) it's possible to beat some basic security into it,
> while Chromium has built-in spyware even in that "incognito mode" snake oil
> that can't be disabled by extensions. Pale Moon guys, while their heart is
> in the right place, don't seem to be doing well.
>
> On the other hand, I don't quite see what's the point of sound in a WWW
> browser. From time to time, someone insists you to view something on
> YouTube (because it's so hard to write that instead...) but that's a matter
> of clicking "download" then using a proper media player.

Yeah I am very bothered at mozilla's, and a variety of other
organizations choices that don't respect the end users and developers.
Doing something that alienates the majority of your users for "progress"
doesn't seem like a good idea, only a non-profit or a monopoly is
whacked out enough to pull this type of thing.

They haven't put the users at #1 for a long time, why do you think that
firefox is still very vulnerable to browser fingerprinting? that is by
design.