:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On 19.09.2017 16:46, Adam Borowski wrote:

> Too bad, Firefox is the only somewhat usable browser. With enough
> extensions (hello 57...) it's possible to beat some basic security into it,
> while Chromium has built-in spyware even in that "incognito mode" snake oil
> that can't be disabled by extensions.

FF has it's spyware and censorware, too.

I've started a fork (still on esr52 as I didn't want to open the rust
pandorra box), but it's a quite huge job, so it needs more people.

> On the other hand, I don't quite see what's the point of sound in a WWW
> browser. From time to time, someone insists you to view something on
> YouTube (because it's so hard to write that instead...) but that's a matter
> of clicking "download" then using a proper media player.

I actually like YT, running it all the day (my preferred background
noise ;-) and the browser is still the best frontend I know yet.

Of course, the video stuff should be delegated to a proper player
application instead of bundling everything in the browser, but that's
a different story ...

--mtx