:: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free => Gnome-fre…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free => Gnome-free? [Was: Re: Gnome?
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 at 11:19:51 -0400
John Franklin <franklin@???> wrote:

> Your premise that “Gnome depends on systemd” is false. The current
> *packages* may depend on systemd, but I’ll bet they can be patched and
> rebuilt without systemd.
>
> Give it a try. Please build the gnome packages from scratch and report back
> with where compilation fails. Better yet, file bugs with patches to create
> a set of Gnome packages that don’t depend on systemd.

If having Gnome work without systemd entails patching it's sources and
recompiling the whole bunch of packages, then you just proved Gnome does
indeed depend on systemd, not just on the package level, but on the code
level.

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???