:: Re: [DNG] What if...
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What if...
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:35:27PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

[cut]

> > Which do you think Devuan should support, a dying Debian version or
> > the supported Devuan version and its replacement ?
>
> ..above all, the volonteers trying to help people stuck there.
> I only see my minima "Devuan Wheezy" idea as an upgrade tool
> towards Devuan Jessie.
>
> ..hopefully as simple as a metapackage for nosystemd-unstable
> and debootstrap? Or a flavor?
> Basically a Wheezy netboot copy with our stuff thrown in and
> handily useful to the volonteers.

Hi Arnt,

I am still convinced that it's not the most useful thing in the world,
especially because there is a *safe* and *tested* path to upgrade a
Debian Wheezy into a Devuan Jessie (this is the same path hundreds of
people have used to get Devuan on virtual servers). And because Devuan
does not have literally anything to add to Debian Wheezy.

But if you are otherwise conviced that this is the way to go, just do
it.

HND

Enzo