:: Re: [DNG] Another problem with syst…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Another problem with systemd and I will switch to devuan
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:29:35AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

[cut]

> > I haven't replied for a while. but yeah your probably right.  Devuan
> > is better as is. I would definitely though that being said, hope to
> > make a not pure rolling release, but one with a stability in the
> > middle of stable and testing, and then one for unstable and
> > experimental...
>
> ..one early blunder we did, was fork off Debian Jessie rather than
> Debian Wheezy, a lot of good people we could have used here, got
> stuck there because they are conservative and slow because they
> get paid to prioritize stability.
>
> ..we could help bridge that "Debian-Wheezy-to-Devuan-Jessie" gap
> with a _minimal_ "Devuan Wheezy 0.x" fork, if that isn't too much
> water under the bridge now...

Dear Adrnt,

there is no gap at all between Debian Wheezy and Devuan Jessie. You
can safely upgrade form Debian Wheezy to Devuan Jessie, as explained
also in the Jessie Release notes. This is probably the most relevant
link:

https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Upgrade-to-Devuan

HND

KatolaZ