:: Re: [DNG] docker images
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] docker images
On 16.09.2017 21:11, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2017-09-16 14:03, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> anyone of you already created docker images ?
>>
>> What do you think about publishing 'official' images into the
>> docker.io registry ? Maybe starting with very minimal - one per release
>> and arch ...
>>

>> --mtx
>>

> Did you not see this thread started about a week ago?
>
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170906.214658.6fa81dd7.en.html

must have missed that.

by 'official' I mean something equivalent to the debian ones,
w/ 'devuan' username in the registry, so it clear to everybody,
it's coming from the devuan project itself, not just some
individual.

IMHO, this should be coming directly bootstrappe'd from devuan repos
and be very minimal.

My *current* goal is setting up some builder image for ptxdist-based
applications - later on, I'd like to replace my manually built chroot
on my notebook via docker, add another one for skype jail, etc.
For that it would be cool to have a well-maintained minimal base.
(for now, I still have lots of stuff on ubuntu and debian, which
I'd like to replace in the future)

--mtx