:: Re: [DNG] Could not open a connecti…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 13:03:01 +0200
Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 23:43:34 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> > Is it just me, or does ssh-agent interacting with dbus seem like a
> > horrible idea?
>

> IIUC, they are only interacting insofar, that the ssh-agent will
> terminate as soon as (in this case) dbus(-launch) exits.
>
> From the manpage:
>
> | SYNOPSIS
> |    ssh-agent [-c | -s] [-d] [-a bind_address] [-t life] [command
> [arg ...]] |
> | (...)
> |
> |    If a commandline is given, this is executed as a subprocess of
> the |    agent. When the command dies, so does the agent.

Hi Florian,

I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that the command at the
end of the ssh-agent line involves dbus? If that's the case, well,
that's the user's choice. If you're saying that dbus is integrated in
some other way, all I can tell you is that my ssh-agent is part of ssh
version "OpenSSH_7.5p1", "LibreSSL 2.5.5", on Void Linux, and neither
the ssh, ssh-agent, nor sshd man pages contains the string "dbus" in
any character case. The command:

strings /usr/bin/ssh-agent | grep -i dbus

Produces no output.

In other words, if you meant anything other than the user running a
dbus command through ssh-agent, the dbus dependency is a Debian thing.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr