:: Re: [DNG] Could not open a connecti…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Arnt Gulbrandsen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
Arnt Karlsen writes:
> ..which idea is worse then, keep having dbus interacting with
> ssh-agent, or ripping out dbus of Devuan?

Ripping it out looks like a lot of work, based on just a quick look at
dpkg/status. A lot of nontrivial things to think about.

I noticed a printer library on the list of users, for example. As it
happens, I've been involved in writing printer drivers. I don't know how
that library uses dbus, but I do remember how difficult it was to deal with
paper sizes, and due to lack of suitable IPC APIs was a big factor. Dbus is
an ICP API. Perhaps the change is simple, but it may also be something that
requries days or weeks of work.

$ grep 'Depends.*dbus' /var/lib/dpkg/status | wc -l
179
$

179 tasks to do, and some of them difficult? That may be months of fulltime
work. Dbus would have to be really very bad to justify that.

Arnt