:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Meet Sept. …
Author: Alexey Zilber
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Meet Sept. 13/14 2017
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:06 PM, <golinux@???> wrote:

> On 2017-09-13 20:05, Alexey Zilber wrote:
>
>> On Sep 14, 2017 8:38 AM, <golinux@???> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not peddling anything, just recommending we use tools that are
>> already in wide use. If maximum participation is the main goal here.
>> Is it not?
>>

> Quality is always preferred over quantity.
>
> Quality is subjective. I'm surprised you brought it up, since you've

never used Discord, and I assume Slack either, because they don't meet your
strict code of software ethics.

> I think most will agree that it's the
>> usability of the tool that matters.
>>

> Then you don't know us very well. Have you not seen this on the Devuan
> website?
> https://devuan.org/os/free-software or https://www.dyne.org/ ?

You mean the same 'free software' blurb that comes with almost every single
Linux distribution?   Debian has their 'Social Contract'.    Everyone I
know who's using Devuan, is using it because systemd is removed.
Who exactly is "us"?  Am I not part of "us"?  Are the sysadmins using
Devuan not with "us"?  Maybe by "us", you really mean "you"?
For a distro that needs help, you're sure doing your best alienating people
trying to help out.

>> Anyway, I think this is sidetracking the main issue of participation.
>>

> Agreed.

Then that's your solution?