:: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabli…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [ Re:TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]
Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandroselli@???):

> On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 at 00:22:40 -0400 "Taiidan@???"
> <Taiidan@???> wrote:

>> IBM has done a variety of bad things, but that doesn't mean OpenPOWER
>> isn't a really good one.
>
> * That the presence of a BMC chip on POWER means it has a backdoor

This among other bits was more than a little over the top, Allesandro.
I respect that you're a passionate free software person, but the
existence in the initial Talos II design of an almost decade-old BMC chip
for which (it has been said) there is not public documentation does not
establish that 'it has a backdoor', and you are doing no favour to
public discourse by so claiming.

As I pointed out, FSF expects to give an extremely rare Respects Your
Freedom certification to the Talos II system (subject to checking the
final design, but they and Raptor Engineering have reportedly been
coordinating closely), so, unless you're prepared to argue that
Alessandro Selli understands free software but FSF does not, you really
ought to reconsider your rhetoric. Thank you.