:: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabli…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [ Re:TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]
Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandroselli@???):

> No, I just pointed out that the fact that IBM does indeed put hardware
> and software remote-control devices inside it's chips is an established
> and documented truth.

[...]

Noted without comment:

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/support-the-talos-ii-a-candidate-for-respects-your-freedom-certification-by-pre-ordering-by-september-15

We've previously supported [link] the work of the folks at Raptor
Engineering. This time, rather than a crowdfunding effort, we are asking
you to support their work by pre-ordering the Talos II. [link]
[...]

For the future of free computing, we need to build and support systems
that do not come with such malware [RM: Intel Management Engine,
propriatary boot firmware, and the like] pre-installed, and the
Power9-based Talos II promises to be a great example of just such a
system. Devices like this are the future of computing that Respects Your
Freedom.

That is Raptor Engineering's ultimate goal as well, to create a machine
that can pass RYF certification. They've already been working with us on
the details, and things are looking good. We'll have to do another
evaluation once it is actually produced to be sure it meets our
certification standards, but we have high hopes.

Author Donald Robertson, writing on behalf of FSF, goes on to ask
computer users supporting software freedom to place pre-orders for the
Raptor Engineering Talos II by Sept. 15th, 2017.