:: Re: [DNG] I had an idea, for a devu…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I had an idea, for a devuan fork, and other stuff
On 2017-09-11 11:45, zap wrote:

>> It would have only these things different:
>>
>> it would only be based off of unstable and experimental version, aka
>> pure rolling release,

That would count me (and many others) out right there.

>> it would be completely free software and use linux libre as the
>> kernel,

Isn't gnuinos already doing that and heads too?
https://gitlab.com/gnuinos/linux-libre
https://heads.dyne.org/about.html

On 2017-09-11 19:55, zap wrote:

>>> You are very good at suggesting work for other people to do. IMO, it
>>> makes no sense to further fragment the landscape but if that's what
>>> floats your boat, go for it. If you want a fork, just do it - don't
>>> make it our problem - and drop a note here when it's ready.
>>>
>> Yes I knew someone would mention this, I just thought if devuan or a
>> distro based off of devuan became its own independent distro after
>> some
>> forking, it would be easier to have less conflict with systemd...

It's possible that someday Devuan could/would have to become an
'independent' fork. It would take many more devs than we have now.

>> I will drop a note in the future some day.

Patience is a virtue . . .

>> this is merely an idea nothing more at this time.

Ideas are only as useful as their implementation in the here and now . .
.

golinux