:: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabli…
Author: Taiidan@gmx.com
To: Rick Moen, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [ Re: TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]
On 09/07/2017 05:01 AM, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Taiidan@??? (Taiidan@???):
>
> [speaking to Alessandro Selli]
>
>> You are constantly defending them and snubbing your nose at superior
>> products so it is obvious you work for purism.
> Can I ask for a bit more civility, please? Mr. Selli is a fairly
> passionate free software person, more than adequately accounting for his
> views, which I respect even though we have sometimes disagreed rather
> strongly. There is zero justification for attributing ulterior motives
> to him.
>
> I also find a bit questionable your going around attempting to tarnish
> the reputation of someone with a real name, while concealing your own.

Criticism isn't allowed? I dislike when people deal with speculation
instead of proven facts when judging technical merits.

Could POWER have an undocumented backdoor? Of course - anything is
possible when it comes to something that complex.
Do modern x86 processors have one that is impossible to remove? That is
a proven fact.

I don't use my "real" name on the internet for the same reason I don't
want a computer with ME/PSP.