:: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:40:58AM -0400, Taiidan@??? wrote:
> I doubt it will be owner controlled, as their laptops aren't - they still
> haven't even gotten a blobbed version of coreboot working (blobbed init code
> + ME enabled as they insisted on a crappy intel soc)
> Purism isn't a trustworthy company.

You might be interested in Pinebook. While this is on the opposite end to
Talos 2 (costs $89 instead of $6.5k), mainline u-boot+ATF+kernel are
completely blob-free: the initial bootloader in ROM is really minimal and
hands off full control over the hardware to user-controlled code.

The BSP (vendor u-boot+kernel) do have sourceless blobs, but the mainline is
mostly there. At least, drivers are functional (display has only simplefb
rather than proper DRM but that's being worked on), what's missing is a
proper DT. Device tree code for this and related hardware is done mostly by
Icenowy Zheng; alas she hasn't fully upstreamed the work yet and using her
WIP tree requires more u-boot skills than I have.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ Vat kind uf sufficiently advanced technology iz dis!?