:: Re: [DNG] using os-prober
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] using os-prober
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 03:56:13PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 06:37:04PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > Now I can't figure out how to set options so that update-grub uses
> > os-prober.
>
> You do have the os-prober package installed, yes?

Wait a minute. It did recognise it; it just didn't build a bootmenu stanza.

root@notlookedfor:/etc/default# update-grub
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found theme: /usr/share/desktop-base/grub-themes/desktop-grub-theme/theme.txt
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.0-4-686-pae
Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-686-pae
Found unknown Linux distribution on /dev/mapper/jessie-ascii--root
done

Doing a diff on he grub config with a backup copy shows only one added
blak line.

And when I reboot, it show me only two options. Devuan gbu/linux and
the advanced options for devuan gnu/linux.

It does not make a boot menu item for the so-called unknown Linux
distribution (which is a copy of the one it did make boot menus for).
Why does it not recognise another instance of Devuan?

I'm going to look for differences between the two. Maybe starting with
/etc/fstab.

-- hendrik