:: Re: [DNG] fvwm
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] fvwm
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 09:10:39 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Steve may or may not have noticed that I also did answer his other
> question: For a user to make a system's choice of window manager
> 'sticky' in SLiM, he/she need only edit ~/.xinitrc . Thus, each user
> gets to declare a preference.

I looked this up, and the only reference I saw was
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SLiM#Environments, and that didn't
make it sticky, it just made your .xinitrc DEFAULTSESSION the default
if you chose something outside of the .xinitrc case statement, when in
slim.

Stickiness isn't the ability to state a preference. It's the ability to
keep whatever you chose last time, until you deliberately choose
something else. That's the way every display manager I've ever seen
works. If anybody knows how to do *that*, please let me know.

SteveT