:: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behavi…
Página Principal
Autor: Alessandro Selli
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnameslogic reversing proposal
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 at 22:24:58 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> As a wee lad, my mentors told me never to put two of the same model
> NICs in a computer, because which one became eth0 and which became eth1
> would be indeterminate from boot to boot.

What about the numerous cases when you cannot chose what ethernet cards are
going to be fitted inside a computer? Maybe a specific model was chosen to
comply with warranty terms, or because a specific piece of hardware is
certified in a given scenario, or because what you have is a PCIe card with
multiple NICs built-in, or because the interfaces are embedded in the
motherboard, or because it's not you how buys the hardware...?

Alessandro