:: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renamin…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] An alternative to renaming [was Re: Proposed change in behaviour for ascii: eudev net.ifnames]
Le 21/08/2017 à 16:04, karl@??? a écrit :
> Didier Kryn:
>> Le 21/08/2017 à 14:41, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :
>>> ..we need to sell either vdev or eudev or some such non-systemd
>>> udev upstream to Linus and the kernel guys and get them happy
>>> about kicking out systemd-udev from the kernel code base.
>> [OT]    I would prefer Mdev if the issue with X11 could be solved :-)
>> Mdev is so simpler than Udev, Eudev and Vdev.

> What is the issue with X11, you know that you can run X without udev ?
> Perhaps it would be helpful if I provided udev-less versions of it.

     Sure it would be helpful :-) AFAIK X11 is able to configure itself
automatically without a config file when libudev provides it with an
interface to query device properties, and without this library it is
necessary to provide a config file.

     There are instructions at
https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss but I didn't experiment
them yet.