:: [devuan-dev] [infra status] amproll…
Author: Ivan J.
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] [infra status] amprolla, mirrors, packages
When replying, please reply inline, so we can extract it and commit to
git later on.

Let's start with an easier one for the beginning :)

I'd combine the amprolla section, with the package mirror section, and
request for someone to add what's missing in the loop (dak, ftp, etc...)
to the doc.

Current status
==============

packages.devuan.org
-------------------

* packages.devuan.org is our main mirror
    * dak pushes .deb and Packages files here to /devuan
    * amprolla pushes Packages and other files here to /merged

amprolla
--------

* https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/amprolla
    * this is the running version
    * located on a separated machine accessible through VPN
    * takes packages.devuan.org/devuan + deb.debian.org and combines
        * ships those back to packages.devuan.org/merged

dak
---

* please fill in

TODO/Wishlist
-------------

* [dak] Fix the Release headers in dak to represent valid ones
    * drawkula and parazyd can explain this once the task is activee
    * a hack has been implemented in amprolla3 to mitigate this, but for
      a valid solution - it should be fixed upstream - dak
* [general] Proceed with moving the "Future status" to current production

Future status
=============

packages.devuan.org
-------------------

* I am not sure what will happen with packages.devuan.org in the future
    * we will have to evaluate when the stuff below reaches production
    * or if someone has unspoken plans, please leave them here

amprolla3
---------

* https://git.devuan.org/maemo/amprolla
    * this is the reimplementation of the initial amprolla done by
      Wizzup and parazyd
    * it's been running on various servers and tested for validity
* For Devuan, it has been deployed on a VM on nemesis.devuan.org
    * There's a TODO item to solve for it to be production-ready
* Disk usage:
    * spool dir (unmerged devuan + debian-security + debian)
        * 2.2G
    * merged dir
        * 392M (without Contents files)
        * ~2.2G (with Contents files)
        * multiply by 3 if we are using 3-dir rotation
            * this needs evaluation if necessary or not
            * can be evaluated when in production

pkgmaster.devuan.org
--------------------

* A machine planning to be the main mirror where all other mirrors will
  pull from.
* has been set up by KatolaZ, so he's the person to give more info.
* has a shell account accessible by the amprolla machine where amprolla
  rsyncs the merged files after every merge/update
* has a restricted shell account allowing only rsync pull
    * this access is given to mirrors

TODO/Wishlist
--------------

* [amprolla3] Export the gnupg subkey amprolla will use with a password
    * turns out newer gnupg can't use/import unprotected subkeys
      properly. this has been debugged with #gnupg for some time and now
      needs to be tested with a protected subkey
    * waiting on jaromil or anyone else with access to the key to help
        (the master key is on the production amprolla machine)
* [amprolla3] Possibly fork the g.d.o./maemo/amprolla repository to
  g.d.o./devuan-infrastructure/amprolla3
    * please don't move it, fork it

--
~ parazyd
GnuPG: 03337671FDE75BB6A85EC91FB876CB44FA1B0274