:: Re: [DNG] d1h pre-requisites
Página Inicial
Autor: Gary Olzeke
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] d1h pre-requisites
in regards to this my statement and your reply:

> '
> that should mean that it isn't in debian either ??!!

uh?

**since Devuan uses Debian as a package source, in that my 'apt-get'
reports
no package -- then I assume it is not in Debian either
'
'but to get to the meat of the issue regarding getting gpg; I read the d1h
article and
decided to get all the pre-requisites and tried: [you mentioned gpg]
'*******
I attempted to apt-get d1h and gpg on the same command line.
gpg wasn't available
so I did d1h by itself and then gpg by itself
gpg wasn't available
*** so as a somewhat experienced newbie , I have done this::

olzeke51@devuan:~/builds/fcroner/fcron$ sudo apt-get install gpg
[sudo] password for olzeke51:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gpg <<<-----the trigger to me & email

**after the fact*

olzeke51@devuan:~/builds/fcroner/fcron$ sudo apt-get install gnupg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gnupg is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 92 not upgraded.
olzeke51@devuan:~/builds/fcroner/fcron$

olzeke51@devuan:~/builds/fcroner/fcron$ which gpg
/usr/bin/gpg

olzeke51@devuan:~/builds/fcroner/fcron$ which gnupg

*******
1)I didn't do 'which gpg' originally - it would have shown availability
2)[linux quirk] you need to install 'gnupg' to end up with 'gpg'
3) therefore - 'which' information isn't the whole picture
** I learned something!!
'
'Thanks for your time -
GaryZ