:: Re: [DNG] openbox-themes in ASCII?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] openbox-themes in ASCII?
On 08/17/2017 09:30 PM, Michael Siegel wrote:
> In Debian Wheezy, there was a package called openbox-themes
> (https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/openbox-themes), offering a pretty
> nice collection of themes for the Openbox window manager, some of them
> coming with matching GTK2 themes. Unfortunately, this package has been
> dropped with the release of Debian Jessie.
>
> As I'm an Openbox user, I would really like it if these themes could be
> made available through the package repositories in Devuan again. I
> already tried installing the package from Debian Wheezy on Devuan Jessie
> a view months ago. That worked just fine. And as that package doesn't
> have any dependencies except Openbox and (apart from the standard
> package files) consists of nothing but theme files, forking should be
> quick and easy for someone who knows how to create Debian packages.
>
> (Those having déjà vu redaing this, see
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-art/issues/10.)
>
> Also, I thought it would be a good idea to find current official sources
> and recent versions of all those themes. So, I drew up a table and
> started to collect data that may be used for building an up-to-date and
> expanded openbox-themes package for Devuan. That table currently
> includes information on 131 themes, mostly those from the original
> openbox-themes package plus the ones currently being shipped with
> Openbox itself as well as a few worthy additons (e.g. themes linked on
> Openbox' official website that had not been part of the Debian Wheezy
> package and are not currently being shipped with Openbox).
>
> I was actually planning to create the package myself and then put it up
> for review. But I got stuck in the process of learning how to build
> Debian packages. It's a lot more complex than I thought it was and I
> can't find the time to deal with that at the moment. So, I'm looking for
> someone to assist. I could prepare a tar ball containing the updated and
> expanded themes collection, so whoever would do the packaging would not
> have to worry about that part.
>

> msi

I downloaded the wheezy source and built a package on ascii pretty easily
last night. Didn't change anything. Some themes work, some don't, and they
seem to work better if I use lxappearance-obconf instead of just obconf.

Separating the themes into several packages shouldn't be hard, either.
Getting them to work with gtk3 might require a large non-gmo care package
in the form of a bribe to a certain theme guru.

fsr