:: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much o…
Author: Dave Turner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] devuan ascii - how much of systemd is still in there?
On 17/08/17 21:13, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 08:17:56PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
>> Thanks Joel, but I have my 'killing head' on. _ANYTHING_ on wheezy that
>> dares to mention systemd is gone. Still works.
>>
>> Having a bottle of wine before I start the devuan-jessie install and the
>> systemd purge...
>>
>> (hey, I need a clear head for this right?!)
> If you have apache and samba installed, I'd rather recommend adding
> something stronger to the mix, and padding the wall. Wheezy->jessie
> upgrades of these two are a mess.
>
> I thank all the deities that's beyond me. Stretch->buster, here we come...
>

> Meow!

231 packages installed in the most minimal of installations possible.

I have no need of apache, I will need samba client to be able to get at
my NAS4Free media server.

Ascii with eudev is working, but now I need to make it do something
useful...

grepping systemd turns up far too many files that mention systemd, some
just doc files, but I want them gone.

Forget stretch->buster, my laptop runs sid. Just do it! The 'stronger
addition to the mix' is The Residents streamed from my NAS4Free server
through my Sonos system into a pair of BBC LS5/8 studio monitors. Loud!
Sadly the bottle of wine is now empty.

DaveT