:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are availa…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rowland Penny
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are available in Devuan?
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 03:32:31 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):
>
> > That wouldn't be true of me. Back when I was an Xfce user, I defined
> > Xfce as:
> >
> > * Able to use multiple panels
> > * Able to config the panels via right click
> > * Kinda twitchy during config on Linux, but rock solid on OpenBSD
>
> I note without particular objection, just a kind of familiar
> weariness, that you ignored my point and changed the subject.
>
> > How would anyone separate those from Xfce?
>
> Question is irrelevant to my point, that XFCE4 is an assemblage.
> You apparently want to change the subject, which I obviously cannot
> prevent, but you'll have to do it without my help.
>
> > > And if you started out with less than the entire marching band of
> > > those things (which with artwork and bindings are the ensemble
> > > known as 'XFCE4') and at any point you decided you wanted any of
> > > them or all of them, you can trivially add those with a single
> > > apt-get command.
> >
> > The preceding is what I've been trying to tell people for years.
>
> Steve, please stop helping. As you often do, you are just adding
> noise.

Rick, Steve has just as much a right to a point of view as you do. In
fact, you both seem to be saying the same thing, just in different ways.

I agree that 'GOSFUI' is a waste of time, but then I call a spade a
spade, not an earth moving device ;-)

Can we agree that different people will look for different things in a
DE (or whatever you want to call it), some will be happy with just
logging into a console, others will want a simple GUI, whilst others
will want an all singing, all dancing GUI.

Devuan needs to be aware of this and offer a standard GUI (XFCE has
been chosen), but needs to offer a range of others wherever possible.

Rowland