:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are availa…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are available in Devuan?
Quoting Harald Arnesen (harald@???):

> Rick Moen [2017-08-17 00:55]:
>
> > So, here's a point: If you have a Linux system with Thunar (graphical
> > file manager) and the xfwm4 window manager, I'm betting that those _are_
> > 99% of what you think of as 'XFCE4'.
>
> Not quite.

And yet, some slightly different subset is for many 'XFCE' users if not
for you. And thus my point.

> If I install the whole of XFCE4, I only have to remember the names of a
> couple of other packages to get the screen to look the way I want.

I'm glad it makes you happy. Obviously I have nothing against people
_wanting_ the whole kitchen sink. My point merely was that people often
don't actually want that, but merely have been conditioned to think they
do.

> You have several good points, and I may try some of your ideas, but it
> all comes down to choice.

With which, I'm sure you'll realise, I am nowhere interfering.