:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are availa…
Author: Eric
To: Erik Christiansen, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are available in Devuan?
On 08/14/2017 11:45 PM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> Finding Devuan, and subscribing last night, I'm keen to replace my
> Debian 9.0 "Systemdix"¹, even at the cost of reverting to older
> packages. But I don't much like Gnome either, and have become quite used
> to LXDE - especially the boot speed of the leaner environment.
>
> So the question is as put in the subject line. The answer might also fit
> in the category "what does Devuan have to offer", perhaps.
>
> I viewed the 2016 video last night, and applaud the commitment to
> OS ecosystem diversity. There is nothing more fundamental to *nix than
> that, equalled only by application diversity.
>
> I'll download the CD, and see what I find. (Or should it be the DVD for
> desktop alternatives?)
>
> Erik

I was able to install enlightenment desktop from

https://www.enlightenment.org

I followed along with the directions on their download page and also
from the site:

https://www.tecmint.com/install-enlightenment-on-devuan-linux/

It works with the latest stable builds. If you need help or have any
questions just ask.

Have fun,

Eric