:: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin fails t…
Author: Eric Voskuil
To: veleiro, libbitcoin
Subject: Re: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin fails to start and no error logs
Your logs are probably getting archived in to the default archive path (at shutdown). More info here:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Log-Settings

Your start failure likely results from a hard shutdown of the server, resulting in store corruption. More info starting here:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#q-are-there-trade-offs-in-using-the-custom-store

BS is a server, not just a node. It provides a client-server query interface. It indexes every payment (and stealth) address, as well as the spender of every output so that it can satisfy arbitrary queries. A bitcoin node does provide these features. If you just want a node you should build BN, which has a comparable store size. More info here:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/wiki/Hardware

I don't recommend building from master, as this is our staging area for unreleased new feature work. The version3 branch contains the current release quality code (which is close to master currently).