:: Re: [DNG] Devuan presentation at Ch…
Author: Evilham
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan presentation at Chemnitzer Linux-Tage (Germany) 2018?
Salut Narcís!
Good to see you here (we've crossed emails on debian's CA user list).

Am 14/08/2017 um 12:59 schrieb Narcis Garcia:
> I suggest to put effort on explaining what are and how are init systems
> with stages, supervision, freedom, etc.

Sounds like a good idea.

> El 14/08/17 a les 11:49, Michael Siegel ha escrit:
>> As for the topic of the talk, I was thinking of a general introduction
>> to Devuan, i.e. something like:

* What is Devuan?

Since the answer to this right now is basically "Debian without
systemd", it totally begs next point.

* What is an init system? Supervision? Why is that freedom important?

* Why and how did it come about?

"Why" should be mostly addressed by previous point, worth making it
clear again here though.

* How does the process of creating releases for this distribution work?

* Why should users / debian ecosystem care?

This would include the previous "what does Devuan have to offer" while
leaving romom for more.

* Is it usable? Where can you get it?

Important to remark that Devuan is usable, stable and under active
development.

* Future plans

* Where does the project need help?/How to contribute?

I'd recommend taking a look at this:
https://www.slideshare.net/opennebula/opennebulaconf2015-112-the-status-of-devuan-project-alberto-zuin

It's a bit outdated and had a different purpose, but it's interesting :)

Am 13/08/2017 um 8:29 schrieb Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult:
> where exactly are you located ?

lat: 50.8333 long: 12.9167

Just kidding, that's Chemnitz.
I'm here and there, quite often in Saxony ;).
--
Evilham