:: Re: [DNG] Devuan presentation at Ch…
Author: Michael Siegel
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan presentation at Chemnitzer Linux-Tage (Germany) 2018?
Am 12.08.2017 um 22:16 schrieb Evilham:

>> * Giving a talk of about 30 to 45 minutes and answering questions
>> from the audience for another 30 or 15 minutes respectively
>>
>> * Having a booth in the exhibition area of the building where
>> people can come by, inform themselves, ask questions, obtain
>> installation media and such
>>
>> I think it should be possible to have both if available manpower
>> allows for that.
>
> Maybe both is not quite necessary, you know how that goes, people
> come to you afterwards if they are interested. OTOH: if enough people
> end up volunteering, sure why not.

I think a talk should be enough for now.

> Let's see how much interest this gathers and what can be done from
> that, did you have any particular topic in mind?

As for the topic of the talk, I was thinking of a general introduction
to Devuan, i.e. something like:

* What is Devuan?
* Why and how did it come about?
* How does the process of creating releases for this distribution work?
* What does the system have to offer?
* Where can you get Devuan to try it out/install it?
* Future plans
* Where does the project need help?/How to contribute?

--
msi