:: Re: [DNG] donating a host
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] donating a host
On 12/08/2017 at 21:08, John Franklin wrote:
> I may have an old (non-Ultra) SPARC machine in storage somewhere, or possible an even older 68000-based SUN system. If a PPC-based Macintosh would be useful, I have some old boxes. Most of these machines are in the Raleigh, NC area, some are in the Washington, DC area. I’m happy to donate any or all of them.

I think they'd be more welcome in an IT-history museum, rather than to power a XXI century porting project.

I have a Blade-2000 machine, 2x1.2 GHz Ultrasparc III processors, available, if someone is thinking about a Devuan porting to such an architecture. But I think Ultrasparc III too are a bit too old to spend the time required to port a modern GNU/Linux distribution on it.

Greetings,

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
Tel. 3701355486