:: Re: [devuan-dev] python-apt-common
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] python-apt-common
On Mon, 07 Aug 2017, Jaromil wrote:

> What I'm quite sure now is that the root of the problem lies in the
> python-apt-common package which contains the templates in
> /usr/share/python-apt/templates/

furthering my investigations, I've also hit another show-stopper
related to the issue, the fact that our `lsb_release -a` command does not
return a valid 'Codename:' field (it is 'n/a')

we have already forked the lsb-release package, which resembles quite
much a freedesktop-styled collective allucination, but this is a
pending error.

IMHO the source of this package
(/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lsb_release.py) is something that
should have been trashed long ago by Debian and something I'd never
want to see at the core of Devuan; so I'm not really sure what should
be the course of action now, fix this or rewrite it entirely lowering
the complexity of its spaghetti mess and making sure somoene more
competent is responsible of it.

ciao