:: Re: [DNG] Killfile and move on
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Killfile and move on
Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):

> Please keep in mind that replies to a troll aren't what most people are
> here to see. Keep in mind also that when trolls are ignored, they tend
> to go elsewhere.

Useful procmail recipe follows, for catching and processing posts from a
roster of trolls and any first-level response to them, except if said mail
has To: or Cc: addressed to you specifically:

# noise filter
MY_ADDR="my.own@???|separated@???"
TROLL_ADDR="this.is@???|with@???|this.is@???"
TROLL_NAMES="John Troll|Kathy McTroll"

:0
# for each email not directly addressed to me
*$ !^(To|Cc):.*\<($MY_ADDR)\>
{
    :0
    # if the mail is from a troll -> byte recycler
    *$ ^From:.*\<($TROLL_ADDR)\>
    /dev/null

    :0 B
    # if the mail is a direct reply to a troll -> same
    *$ ^^(.*\<)?($TROLL_NAMES)\>
    /dev/null
}

(To put matched mail somewhere else, substitute a different destination
in place of the above's bit bucket.)

Plaudits for this elegant solution should go to Tobia Conforto
<tobia.conforto@???>, who provided it to the subscribers of OSI's
license-discuss mailing list on 3 September 2007.