:: [DNG] C++
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
Assumpte: [DNG] C++
I change the subject line again. I wish people would do this more often.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 03:15:46PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 26/07/2017 à 12:49, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult a écrit :
> >I wouldn't claim C++ itself is bad, but it seems to have a massive
> >attraction to incompetent people.
>
>     I consider it has been a mess from the beginning.

>     The learning curve is so steep that almost nobody is able to write/read
> it correctly, yet it is full of dangers.

>     Didier

I find it useful as a way to compile C programs, because it imposes a
lot of mostly reasonable static type constraints on C code. If those
are ever a problem, I can be explicit about them with casts.

And I find methods useful for organising the names of their functions
by associating them with the data structures they operate on. But I
avoid even the simplest inheritance hierarchies.

As for using the more complicated features, forget it. They are a
beguiling mess. Beguiling, but still a mess.

-- hendrik