:: Re: [devuan-dev] releasebot, and je…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: nextime
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] releasebot, and jenkins
July 26, 2017 9:20 AM, "Ivan J." <parazyd@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, nextime@??? wrote:
>
>> July 26, 2017 9:09 AM, "Jaromil" <jaromil@???> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Ivan J. wrote:
>>
>> And please nextime, I know you've been away, but please take the
>> time to understand all of this (as you have mentioned you will do)
>> and try not to push stuff before that.
>>
>> I think this way to come back without considering all the work done by
>> "new" volunteers and imposing a conservative approach on improvements
>> is a serious show-stopper for many people who are working on Devuan.
>> Without them we cannot go forward, nextime and daniel you cannot go
>> forward like this. You are now being very dangerous to the
>> project. Please take responsibility of your leadership, Devuan has to
>> grow, not shrink around you. I'm very serious about this and Nextime
>> you need to consider the fact we haven't talked at all about this and
>> you have been away all this time.
>>
>> Many improvements on Devuan's have been blocked for ages because of
>> lack of permissions and lack of availability. This is not the way to
>> respond to volunteers working around problems right now.
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> Please Jaromil, don't go in this path, it's not about to be conservative or to stop anything,
>> nor it's anything to get things around me or daniel: it's just a technical point of view: i really
>> think that
>> using scorch is the wrong path and that it's easier, faster and better to just improve releasebot
>> in the actual
>> infrastructure. Just that, no politics, no polemics, nothing more.
>
> Then enjoy and see how far the two of you can get further.
>
> Besides migrating the Gitlab to a bare metal machine, has ANY actual
> progress been done for the past few months?
>
> Has any of it been documented?
>
> Is there an overview of the Devuan infrastructure status?

Parazyd, if we would like to argument things by technical and constructive opinions i'm in,
but this way to argument isn't something i'm interested to follow.

Make no sense to talk about what "two of us" can achieve, we aren't two. Make no sense to talk for the
last few months when you know that i was not here last few months.

lt's talk about what we all we can achieve togheter, let's talk about what to do in the next few months.

Documentation on the infrastructure is lacking? yes, you right, let's start, togheter, to document it then.

releasebot needs improvement? let's do that then. But don't try to impose something to all just by saying things like
what you are saying here in *this* email, if you really think that your path is the right one, argument for that, persuade me that i'm wrong and you are right, at the moment i think it isn't the right path and all the goals that needs to be reached by releasebot i think that they are better developed by improving it as it is than by adding other things in the path.

Seriously, it's not something we can fight, it's just something we can improve togheter finding a common base.