:: Re: [devuan-dev] scorsh, releasebot…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Neue Treads: Re: [devuan-dev] releasebot, and jenkins
Betreff: Re: [devuan-dev] scorsh, releasebot, and jenkins
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 11:30:19PM +1200, Daniel Reurich wrote:

[cut]

> As it is I still don't understand what problems scorsh is trying to
> solve but?

One of the problems that scorsh is trying to solve is that at the
moment only two people can issue build requests on gitlab, besides you
and nextime, and these two people are me and Lydia_K. This is simply
not sustainable, and the permission system of gitlab does not seem to
be flexible enough.

The other problem scorsh is trying to solve is the fact that there is
no privilege separation between who can issue a build and who can
modify a Jenkins job.

The other problem is that we are going to support other distributions,
and we need to have separate authentication spaces for each of them.

The other problem is that releasebot depends *heavily* on gitlab, and
effectively prevents the usage of anything different from gitlab.

You keep saying that it is possible to patch releasebot to do this and
that, but it's not easy to see how these patch will be implemented,
and who will implement and maintain them. And, after all, they will
just be *patches* to something that was not meant to solve those
problems.

My2Cents

KatolaZ