:: Re: [DNG] Why am I being stonewalle…
Author: aconcernedfossdev
To: Se7en
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why am I being stonewalled (GRSecurity discussion)?
I was responding to this by Bradley M. Kuhn:
> Rather, the giant worldwide queue of known GPL violations
> should be prioritized by figuring out which ones, if solved, will do
> the
> most to maximize software freedom for all users.

Explaining why resting on ones rights is a very inadvisable move.
Laches will bar you from equitable relief after a time, the statute of
limitations for the claim will bar you from relief under law (money
damages).

Bruce then made a claim of "well a programmer could claim they had no
money to hire a lawyer". I said that a court would not be impressed by a
plaintiff making such an argument.
For that I get stonewalled and libeled.

I also started to brainstorm various defenses the opposition might
bring. This offended Bruce (who, BTW, lets everyone know that he is not
a lawyer.)

We are not supposed to anticipate an opponents moves apparently...

As for competence.
I am competent at making 3d video game maps.
I am competent at 3d modeling.
I am competent at game code programming.
I am competent at argument to help induce you to fork Debian.
I am competent at inducing Bruce Perens to publish an advisory regarding
GRSecurity and it's copyright violation, which was my goal.

What do you find me incompetent in?