:: Re: [DNG] ..experimental mirror is …
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..experimental mirror is fixed now?, was: udev replacement
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 03:10:13PM -0400, Ismael L. Donis Garcia wrote:

[cut]

> >>No Arnt, there is actually an error in the Release file generated by
> >>dak for experimental, and apparently this mistake bothers debmirror
> >>(but not apt & Co., otherwise we would have noticed this before). It
> >>does not seem to be Ismael's fault.
> >
> >..ok, we have found a debmirror bug. :o)
>
> I do not think so, I think it's an insect that generates the Release file.

Just to clarify:

The bug is *both* in that particular Release file and in the usage
that debmirror does of the Release file. As we have said several
times, the bug seems to appear only if debmirror tries to use that
particular Release file, while apt, apt-get, aptitude, synaptic,
apt-mirror, etc. seem to not be bothered.

Perhaps the easiest thing would be to patch *also* debmirror, on top
of correcting the mistake in the generation of that Release file.

HND

KatolaZ