:: Re: [DNG] I apologize, but I lost m…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: zap
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I apologize, but I lost my email somehow with the, packages needed for openrc
On 170718-18:00-0400, zap wrote:
> I want to install it on another laptop with ascii...
>
> util-linux
>
> sysvinit-util
>
> and one other package needed? i forget which though...

(You've already found your own packages, as you say in your other messages, all three of different subject --that's not how you treat the mailing list, if you look at it as archive for other readers, now and later-- after almost 4 hours (!), but, for others who may wish to install OpenRC, as well as for your next more correct installation of OpenRC)

You need only two packages which are currently not in the repos, due to bug in pbuilder or somesuch.

The download till that is sorted is at:
https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/Devuan-OpenRC/

and more detailed info is at (and from...):
OpenRC installation in Devuan Ascii
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128#p3286

> svante, can you send those three packages directly to me one more time?
>
> I thought I had them saved somewhere... alas.

One of your packages that you originally sent to me is not to be used! But pls. read there, there is all the info

And I got those packages from *you* (those that I needed, I didn't need the i386 for myself), and installed them with kind help from *you* (in that very topic linked above) and, of course, the OpenRC maintainer Svante and others. How long is the span of your attention, zap? :)

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia