:: Re: [DNG] VBScript Injection via GN…
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] VBScript Injection via GNOME Thumbnailer
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:47:07AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> WINE is a fine and useful package (and this bug isn't its fault). My
> point is merely that in the _general_ case, it would not be expected to
> accompany GNOME. (I'm very much not a GNOME fan.)

It's not software that would in any way conflict with GNOME (like, while you
can install GNOME and WindowMaker together, very few people would do that).
It's kind of like installing gcc and libreoffice on the same machine.

> (I wasn't really making an _excuse_ for GNOME, but even saying anything
> in favour of it makes me feel vaguely unclean. ;-> My wording was
> somewhere on the spectrum between poor word choice and a mild gag that
> didn't work well.)

Hell no! This was not I was chastising you for. Your gag was not unfunny
-- in fact, these days I find not a single good word to say about GNOME, and
that excusing it for anything makes one dirty. :)

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.